There has been a lot written in the past couple of years about helping local business owners establish an online presence. Generally these are directed towards handling all of the local businesses Internet marketing.
However, there are certain things you can do that do not have to become a full time job if you don’t want it to. Here are several creative ways to make money helping local businesses without spending a lot of time doing it.
1. Rent a domain name or email address. Most local businesses own a domain name that includes their company name in it.
These businesses could greatly benefit from a domain name that includes their targeted keywords. You can purchase domain names and rent those out along with the email address and redirect them to their company website.
2. Start a blog. Most companies have a static website that does not update content on a regular basis.
You could start a blog for these companies and then outsource the content writing. In essence you become a blog manager for them and make money online without writing yourself.
3. Build a keyword list. Many local businesses do not know what keywords people are typing in when they are looking for their specific business. Building a local keyword business list and sell it to them.
4. Article marketing. This is a good way to get backlinks to any website. Writing and submitting articles is an easy way to develop backlinks as well as make money for yourself.
5. Social networking manager. Social networking is definitely here to stay but many local businesses do not have time to do it.
You can actually handle this on your cell phone as you go about your many daily activities. Setting companies up with a Facebook, Twitter, or Linkedin account is a good way to help them and make money for yourself.
6. Virtual assistant. Oftentimes small business owners do not want to hire a full time employee to handle their office duties.
With a handful of customers you can do things such as typing, answer the phone, reply to email, or even do a little bit of marketing for the company. This is a good way for you to make money and an affordable way for them to get these duties handled on a daily basis.
These are several creative ways to make money helping local business owners. These can all be done on a part time basis from the comfort of your own home, or even on a mobile phone with Internet access.